Thursday, February 4, 2010

Falling Off the Wagon!

Okay, I have really been paying for it lately. About two weeks ago I gave into temptation and fell off the SCD wagon, right into a pile of soft puffy pancakes. I noticed that they didn't affect my body that bad, so I figured I was okay! And like any addict I figured that one more wouldn't hurt. Well it took me a couple weeks to figure out through the carb induced fog, that I was hurting. So I took the pie, pancakes, waffles, cake, and such delicacies back out of my diet, and I feel much more human again.
I find it interesting, and a little annoying that I still can't digest almonds without a reaction. One of the staples on the SCD diet is almonds, so it really puts a crimp on things. I find that when I eat even one SCD almond cookie, I am huffing and puffing, my heart speeds right up with any motion, my energy levels plummet, and I have more anxiety. They are delicious, but just not worth it. I'm thinking that coconut might do the same, but I'm going to wait another few days to try it out. We'll see!

No comments: